- What are the three words that best capture you? Loyal, kindness, aspiration.
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? Coffee. We’re not fans of early mornings.
- In your words, what is Miel and what is its mission? Miel® is our dream come true to make the most comfortable, freshest and cutest underwear any woman can (and must) own.
- When was the moment you knew you had to create Miel? I once had to change my bra and panties 4 times in a single day: first, to get groceries, then for work, then for the gym and, finally, for a late-night bite with friends! As sisters, we experienced the same frustration about not finding versatile and stylish underwear. This is when we started dreaming about day-to-day lingerie that could take us from one activity to the next without having to think or worry about our underwear!
- What was your biggest doubt before starting Miel? The biggest doubt and challenge is building awareness and helping dispel misinformation in the beauty industry that in order to be sexy, a woman needs to be uncomfortable. Once women try our products, the rest is effortless.
- What parts of yourself are reflected in the soul of the company? The versatility of our products really reminds me of the many different hats I wear during the day, from super mom to working gal, without forgetting best friend and wife!
What makes your collection and / or company unique?
At miel®, our focus is always on innovation and engineering the world’s best underwear. We have spent years perfecting the cuts, fabric blends, look and feel, support, colors, and finishes of our pieces. What makes our underwear so special is that we make sure to use the best fabrics (microfiber, spandex and cotton) in different parts of our pieces to ensure comfort and most flattering fit. Our fabrics are protected with Guardin™, which is a plant-based built-in antimicrobial protection against stains and odors. Miel® also integrates seamless and flat-seam compression in different areas of each garment where stretch and support are needed. Last but not least, every season, our collection includes new bursts of color reflecting what’s happening in fashion and on the street.
Why should women wear your lingerie?
In this day and age, women want to look stylish and feel comfortable no matter what they are doing and where they are doing it. Thanks to new fabrics, finishes and knitting technologies, we have developed a product suitable for all environments, so that a woman doesn’t need to change three times a day. Our brand was developed to support her daily activities at home, in the office, at the gym and out on the town. Our underwear works just as much for a yoga class as it does under a little black dress.
The miel® customer leads a busy active lifestyle, which requires practicality and stress-busting solutions for everyday life.
What do you want women to feel when they wear your lingerie?
We want women to feel that our pieces don’t just fit but also complement their lifestyle. For us, the fit is a celebration of a woman’s body. Our pieces move the way she moves. On top of this, we hope that the comfort and aesthetics of miel® designs provide a sensation of calm and relaxation. Amidst our busy days, we all need to score a bit of serenity!
Describe the woman you have in mind when you design a collection.
Our customer is the quintessential healthy modern woman. She works, plays, travels and embodies the essence of a well-balanced active life.
What body types best fit with your collections ?
Our lingerie has been designed to fit all types of body shapes; apple, pear, hourglass & rectangle. Our beautiful basics come from our knowledge of form and function, to which we added a bit of sex appeal owing to our Latin heritage. The miel® product line features 4-way stretch technology that makes our pieces to look streamlined against the body whether you are wearing clothes or not.
How does an idea make it to production?
As much as possible, we prefer to meet our suppliers face to face so that we can touch and feel new fabrics or packaging. Our products are made here in Montreal, Canada, allowing us to work closer with our factories and ensure that the quality meets our exacting standards. It’s hard but rewarding work! We obsess over details and are constantly making minor improvements to our products, which is why it’s so important to be close to the manufacturing process.